How to Apply
Last Content Update:
It's easy to apply for any position that interests you. The first step is to set up your account in our online application system. (Click "Sign In" and then "Create" account) Once you have established an account, your application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. Applications filed electronically are maintained online and can be accessed by you at any time by logging into your account.
You can submit (upload) a resume, cover letter, and other supporting documents at the time of application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application, however, and all supporting documents must be submitted via the online application system in order to be considered. Please note that all application materials submitted become the property of the Town of Hanover and cannot be returned to you.
Tips for Successfully Submitting Your Job Application
- Read the job announcement thoroughly before you apply. It is important that you read the directions on the job posting carefully and follow them exactly, as not all job announcements require the same things from a candidate. Failure to follow instructions may delay your application and could result in your application being rejected.
- All applications must be received by the specific closing date and time indicated on the job postings. "Continuous" or "Open Until Filled" recruitments, if any, may close at any time after posting, so you will want to apply to those positions promptly.
- Be sure to provide complete information. Again, resumes are not accepted in lieu of completing the Town application. You also must respond to supplemental questions, if any, that are specific to the position(s) for which you are applying.
- Suggestions for responding to supplemental questions:
- Compose your responses using MS Word, WordPad or any word processing software, so you can edit with ease.
- Do not use HTML tags and bullets in your responses.
- Use spell check and save a copy of your responses.
- If possible, save your document as a Rich Text file.
- Cut and paste your responses to the appropriate field in the online application.
- Confirm your application. Ensure that all information submitted is accurate and complete. Remember that once you have submitted your application, you cannot make changes to it.
- Submit your application. After confirming your application, you will be prompted to submit your application.
- Check your email. You will know your application went through successfully when you receive an email confirmation shortly after submission. Note: All further communication regarding your application will be through email. Therefore, please be sure that you check your email account regularly for messages. Also check your spam or junk filters to be sure these are not capturing messages regarding your application.