What do I do if I see a stray / abandoned animal?

We would caution people against having contact with animals that are not their own. While well-intentioned, you may be placing yourself at serious risk when attempting to catch or control a stray animal. Stray animals may not have current vaccinations and while they may seem very friendly they may suddenly turn violent once you have them restrained. If you witness a stray dog please note the animal's description and location and report this to the Police Department at 603-643-2222. Please do not attempt to capture or detain stray animals.

Show All Answers

1. When can I get fingerprinted?
2. Is there a charge to be fingerprinted?
3. How do I get a copy of a Police / Accident Report?
4. How do I get a Criminal Background Check?
5. How do I get a NH Resident Pistol / Revolver License (Concealed Weapon Permit)?
6. Do you offer "Livescan" electronic fingerprinting?
7. What do I do if I see a stray / abandoned animal?
8. I just saw a deer / raccoon / moose / bear / etc. What should I do?
9. How do I get a "Good Citizen Letter"?
10. I need a NH State Accident form. Where can I get one?
11. I am installing an alarm in my home or business. Where can I find information on having the Police monitor my alarm?
12. Does Hanover have a "Leash Law"?
13. Does Hanover have a "Noise Ordinance"?
14. Where can I get more information on the Alcohol Diversion Program?