Welcome to the sixth installment of Hanover Happenings! This is your Town Manager here with your December recap.
In this edition of Hanover Happenings, we get updates on:
- The December 5th and 19th Selectboard meetings, where we covered topics such as:
- Some appointments and new hires
- Our tax rate
- Donations made to the town
- Employee recognition
- Rental housing ordinance
- The monthly Town Manager report, which covered topics such as:
- Several HR/Hiring issues, including finance director and HR director hiring, staff survey and compensation plans, collective bargaining and more
- 2023 - 2024 Budget process
- Downtown Hanover updates
- A community spotlight: We talk with Peter Miliken of Friends of Oak Hill. As Peter and I walk around Storrs Pond, we talk about the history of Oak Hill, the significant local and regional winter sports/skiing needs, the scope of the upgrades being worked on for Oak Hill, and how you can get involved in the major upgrades planned for this key community facility.
- Employee/Volunteer Spotlight: A thank you to all of our staff. I spend a few minutes sharing some personal reflections after our staff holiday party, and why I believe our community is so lucky to have the staff that we do.
Departments Heads came in early to prepare breakfast for all the staff at this year's annual holiday breakfast party, held December 15th. Pictured: Rob Housman, Director of Planning; Rubi Simon, Howe Library Director; Pete Kulbacki, Public Works Director; and Captain Jim Martin of the Hanover Police Department.
Staff gathered at the RWB Community Center for an annual holiday breakfast that had not been held for the last several years due to Covid concerns.
Head over to Hanover Happenings or search for "Hanover Happenings" in your favorite podcast player, such as Spotify, Apple, Google, Amazon, etc. Subscribe to stay updated and please share with one friend who you want to help get more informed in town. You can find all the agendas, minutes, videos, and more on the Hanover website/.
Thanks for reading!
Town of Hanover
Please be patient with us as we migrate to a new email newsletter platform and a new program of how we get information out to you. You are receiving this email because you have signed up on our website for email updates. If you do not wish to receive emails any longer from the Town, please hit the unsubscribe at the bottom and that will remove you from this list.